Get a jump start this summer at WSU!
Are you transferring to WSU to start classes in the fall? You could start even earlier! Summer courses are available for transfer students — we just need to activate you for an earlier term. Contact us to help.
Summer is a great time to get familiar with campus, make friends, have fun, get you on track with your coursework, and put yourself on the path to success as a WSU Cougar!
Advantages of Summer Session:
- Earlier access to advising and classes
- Evening events and activities
- New friends and acquaintances
- Access to tutoring and other great on-campus resources
- Time to focusing on just one or two difficult courses
- Great weather and tons of outdoor activities close at hand
Suggested courses for transfer students:
- History 305 (aka ROOTS) Roots of Contemporary Issues (a required course for most undergraduates). Check with your advisor. Learn more
- Any Math or English course required for your major.
- Courses that fulfill the UCORE Diversity [DIVR] requirement.
- Courses in your chosen major.
- The first summer session courses begin in early May, but students transferring from schools on the quarter system usually register for WSU Pullman courses beginning in the late 6-week session of summer which begins mid-June.
Holds often prevent summer registration. Check for these common barriers on your student account:
- Health & Wellness Measles Vaccination: Contact H&W Services at 509-335-3575
- Payment Owed: Contact Student Accounts at 509-335-9653
If you are admitted for the fall term but would like to start earlier by enrolling in Summer Session, contact the Summer Session office at 509-335-2238. We’ll need to make a few changes to your student account before you’ll be able to register for summer classes.
HOW TO NAVIGATE ENROLLMENT IN myWSU
A minimum of 6 credits are required for financial aid during Summer Session. If you plan on taking 6 or more credits, you may qualify for financial aid. You will need to have the current academic year’s (2016-17) FAFSA on file with WSU. Visit the WSU Financial Aid for Summer Session website for more information.
Contact your academic advisor or the Summer Session office for more information!
As a new member of the Pullman community, you can explore the many different employment opportunities.
Whether you are looking for permanent, temporary, graduate, or family housing, check out these resources:
Summer Session 2017
Maymester May 8 – June 2
Early 6-week May 8 – June 16
12-week May 8 – July 28
8-week June 5 – July 28
Late 6-week June 19 – July 28
Carson College of Business
Early 7-week May 8 – June 25
Late 7-week June 26 – August 13
July 29 – August 20
Registration began on March 6, 2017 and is open through the beginning of each session.
There are no summer advising holds, but be sure to discuss your summer enrollment plans with your advisor.