Are you transferring to WSU to start classes in the fall? You could start even earlier! Summer courses are available for transfer students — we just need to activate you for an earlier term. Contact us to help.
Summer is a great time to get familiar with campus, make friends, have fun, get you on track with your coursework, and put yourself on the path to success as a WSU Cougar!
Advantages of Summer Session:
- Earlier access to advising and classes
- Evening events and activities
- New friends and acquaintances
- Access to tutoring and other great on-campus resources
- Time to focusing on just one or two difficult courses
- Great weather and tons of outdoor activities close at hand
Suggested courses for transfer students:
- History 305 (aka ROOTS) Roots of Contemporary Issues (a required course for most undergraduates). Check with your advisor. Learn more
- Any Math or English course required for your major.
- Courses that fulfill the UCORE Diversity [DIVR] requirement.
- Courses in your chosen major.
- The first summer session courses begin in early May, but students transferring from schools on the quarter system usually register for WSU Pullman courses beginning in the late 6-week session of summer which begins mid-June.
Holds often prevent summer registration. Check for these common barriers on your student account:
- Health & Wellness Measles Vaccination: Contact H&W Services at 509-335-3575
- Payment Owed: Contact Student Accounts at 509-335-9653
If you are admitted for the fall term but would like to start earlier by enrolling in Summer Session, contact the Summer Session office at 509-335-2238. We’ll need to make a few changes to your student account before you’ll be able to register for summer classes.
HOW TO NAVIGATE ENROLLMENT IN myWSU
A minimum of 6 credits are required for financial aid during Summer Session. If you plan on taking 6 or more credits, you may qualify for financial aid. You will need to have the current academic year’s (2016-17) FAFSA on file with WSU. Visit the WSU Financial Aid for Summer Session website for more information.
Contact your academic advisor or the Summer Session office for more information!
As a new member of the Pullman community, you can explore the many different employment opportunities.
Whether you are looking for permanent, temporary, graduate, or family housing, check out these resources:
Summer Session 2018
Maymester May 7 – June 1
Early 6-week May 7 – June 15
12-week May 7 – July 27
8-week June 4 – July 27
Late 6-week June 18 – July 27
Carson College of Business
Early 7-week May 7 – June 24
Late 7-week June 25 – August 12
July 28 – August 19
Registration begins in March of each year and is open through the beginning of each session.
Registration Dates for 2018
Priority – March 5
Seniors – March 5
Juniors – March 6
Sophomores – March 7
Freshmen – March 8
Non-Degree – March 8
There are no summer advising holds, but be sure to discuss your summer enrollment plans with your advisor.